For the first time ever, the biggest event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe is going completely digital. Key energy players will take part in an online, interactive event experience, sharing best practices and discussing the way forward for a sustainable future – all of this under the theme Beyond the crisis: clean energy for green recovery and growth.
EUSEW 2020 registration opens next week! Here are some highlights to add to your agenda:
- Opening Ceremony with European Commissioner for Energy Kadri Simson (23 June – 9.00) inaugurating the digital event and introducing the overarching theme “Beyond the crisis: clean energy for green recovery and growth”. During this plenary session, the Commissioner will be joined by high-level keynote speakers from other EU institutions and agencies.
- 30 policy sessions (23-25 June) gathering industry experts and policy makers to discuss various aspects of the European Green Deal and a green recovery. Consult and join the sessions here.
- EU Sustainable Energy Awards Ceremony (23 June – 10.00) recognising (via live stream) outstanding individuals and projects in three categories: Youth, Engagement and Innovation, plus an additional category recognising the achievements of Women in Energy. Stay tuned to find out who takes home the prize in these categories, along with the Eastern Partnership Award and the Citizens’ Award (public vote to open in early June). Join the webinars below!
- The first ever European Youth Energy Day (22 June), a youth dialogue on how transform Europe into the first climate-neutral continent with Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice-President of the European Green Deal
- Side events leading up to EUSEW 2020, organised in June, featuring individual webinars hosted by EUSEW partnering organisations.
- Local digital events – Energy Days– all over Europe (in May and June), showing how communities and local changemakers are contributing to the clean energy transition.
Don’t miss out on EUSEW exclusives & more:
Registration is already open for dedicated media webinars with EUSEW Award finalists. Register here below to meet the finalists and learn more about their innovative projects!
- Award press talk: EUSEW finalists in category – Youth - REGISTER
- Award press talk: EUSEW finalists in category – Engagement - REGISTER
- Award press talk: EUSEW finalists in category – Innovation - REGISTER
- EUSEW talk: Women in Energy - REGISTER
- EUSEW Award Q&A session for press - REGISTER
About the EUSEW finalists:
EUSEW registration opens on 2 June
Every year in June, the European Commission (Directorate-General for Energy and EASME) organises the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) – the biggest event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe. This year, participants will take part in an online, interactive event experience under the theme: Beyond the crisis: clean energy for green recovery and growth. The event will cover four elements across the EU: the Policy Conference, EU Youth Energy Day, the EUSEW Awards, and the Energy Days.
For press inquiries please contact: Media@eusew.eu