Join us online for the 15th edition of the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) from 22 to 26 June 2020.
For the first time ever, this edition will be an online, interactive event experience, where participants can debate the latest developments under the theme ‘Beyond the crisis: clean energy for green recovery and growth’.
On 23 June Kadri Simson, European Commissioner for Energy, will officially welcome policymakers, local authorities, the industry, media, NGOs and academia at the Opening session to debate Europe’s energy future at the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW). It is a unique opportunity for various actors to discuss the recovery plan for Europe post COVID-19.
In online sessions spread across 3 days and clustered around 4 key themes – renovation wave, finance, sector integration and strategy – various stakeholders will take the floor to share their views on how to move forward from the crisis and achieve a sustainable future for all.
Register now for EUSEW 2020: https://digital.eusew.eu/
EUSEW 2020 highlights include:
- 31 policy sessions (23-25 June) gathering industry experts and policymakers to discuss various aspects of the European Green Deal and a green recovery. Consult and join the sessions here
- EU Sustainable Energy Awards Ceremony (23 June – 09.45) recognising (via live stream) outstanding individuals and projects in three categories: Youth, Engagement and Innovation, plus an additional category recognising the achievements of Women in Energy (Join dedicated webinar). Stay tuned to find out who takes home the prize in these categories, along with the Eastern Partnership Award and the Citizens’ Award (public vote open until 18 June). After the Awards Ceremony (23 June - 10.35) a dedicated Q&A session will take place with all the EUSEW Award winning projects.
- Debate with Ambassadors (23 June – 11.00) Selected Ambassadors will discuss their commitment and support for the European Green Deal and highlight the road to green recovery and growth.
- Additional events leading up to EUSEW 2020, organised in June, featuring individual webinars hosted by EUSEW partnering organisations.
- Local digital events – Energy Days – all over Europe (in May and June), showing how communities and local changemakers are contributing to the clean energy transition.
Every year in June, the European Commission (Directorate-General for Energy and EASME) organises the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) – the biggest event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe. This year, participants will take part in an online, interactive event experience under the theme: Beyond the crisis: clean energy for green recovery and growth. The event will cover four elements across the EU: the Policy Conference, EU Youth Energy Day, the EUSEW Awards, and the Energy Days.
For media inquiries please contact:
- Patrick Weber - firstname.lastname@example.org